Flat Earth Traditional Catholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another list of scripture quotes categorized

Go down

Another list of scripture quotes categorized Empty Another list of scripture quotes categorized

Post by flatterme Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:49 pm

Ok, I just picked these up from the Internet and tried to categorize them.  You'll want to cross reference in a Douay or Haydock of course.  This is by no means exhaustive. Hopefully not repetitive. May be disorganized. One thing you'll notice is that while scripture may have one or two words that some people think translates to sphere, that is opinion, but also, scripture never gives the impression earth is a sphere in its descriptions.  I've seen as many as 70 passages on the sun movement alone.  There are several regarding water above the earth.  Many talk about the face or surface of earth leaning the reading toward flat. Many are obscure and don't make immediate sense as being flat earth or GC, but upon closer inspection, seen collectively, maybe with assistance of backstory, definitions, or envisioning what is going on, the picture becomes clearer.

WATER ABOVE THE FIRMAMENT, VAULT OF HEAVEN:

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. - Genesis 1:6

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years. - Genesis 1:14

Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass? - Job 37:18

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. - Psalms 19:1

Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain. - Psalms 104:2  

Amos 9:6 Who builds his upper chambers in the heavens and founds his vault upon the earth; who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out upon the surface of the earth— the Lord is his name.

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself. - Isaiah 44:24

I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. - Isaiah 45:12

Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together. - Isaiah 48:13

The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. - Zechariah 12:1

Job 22:14 ESV Thick clouds veil him, so that he does not see, and he walks on the vault of heaven.’

Psalm 19:4 ESV Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun,

THE WATERS ABOVE AND BELOW THE EARTH:

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. - Genesis 1:6

Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens. - Psalms 148:4

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water. - 2 Peter 3:5

Genesis 7:11 ESV In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.

EARTH IMMOVABLE:

Psalm 96:10 ESV Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns! Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity.”

Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved. - 1 Chronicles 16:30

The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved. - Psalms 93:1

Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously. - Psalms 96:10
Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. - Psalms 104:5

For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. - Isaiah 45:18

Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. - Psalms 102:25

1 Samuel 2:8 ESV He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and on them he has set the world.

Proverbs 30:4 ESV Who has ascended to heaven and come down? Who has gathered the wind in his fists? Who has wrapped up the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name? Surely you know!

THE FLAT EARTH:

Job 11:9 ESV Its measure is longer than the earth and broader than the sea.

And upon Elam will I bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven, and will scatter them toward all those winds; and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come. - Jeremiah 49:36

Also, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD unto the land of Israel; An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land. - Ezekiel 7:2

Daniel 4:10-11 ESV The visions of my head as I lay in bed were these: I saw, and behold, a tree in the midst of the earth, and its height was great. The tree grew and became strong, and its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth.

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in. - Isaiah 40:22

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them. - Matthew 4:8

And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth. - Acts 10:11

I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me. - Acts 11:5

And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. - Revelation 7:1

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. - Revelation 20:8

Job 37:3 ESV Under the whole heaven he lets it go, and his lightning to the corners of the earth.

Job 38:4 ESV “Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.

Isaiah 11:12 ESV He will raise a signal for the nations and will assemble the banished of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Psalm 22:27 ESV All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you.

Genesis 1:2 ESV The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Deuteronomy 28:64 “And the Lord will scatter you among all peoples, from one end of the earth to the other, and there you shall serve other gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your fathers have known.

Genesis 1:20 ESV And God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.”

Psalm 72:8 ESV May he have dominion from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth!

Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. - Deuteronomy 10:14

THE SUN MOVES, NOT THE EARTH

Ecclesiastes 1:5 ESV The sun rises, and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises.

Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down. - Isaiah 38:8

Psalm 19:4-6 ESV Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them, and there is nothing hidden from its heat.

Joshua 10:12 ESV At that time Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, “Sun, stand still at Gibeon, and moon, in the Valley of Aijalon.”

STARS ARE SMALL, NOT WORLDS

Daniel 8:10 ESV It grew great, even to the host of heaven. And some of the host and some of the stars it threw down to the ground and trampled on them.

Matthew 24:29 ESV “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Revelation 6:13-16 ESV And the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb,

WARNING TO MAN ABOUT WORSHIPING CREATION

Deuteronomy 4:15-19 ESV “Therefore watch yourselves very carefully. Since you saw no form on the day that the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire, beware lest you act corruptly by making a carved image for yourselves, in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female, the likeness of any animal that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the air, the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the water under the earth. And beware lest you raise your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, you be drawn away and bow down to them and serve them, things that the Lord your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven.

The number of verses that teach the earth is a round spinning ball orbiting the sun? 0

flatterme

Back to top Go down