Flat Earth Traditional Catholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Few Defenses Off The Top Of My Head

3 posters

Go down

A Few Defenses Off The Top Of My Head  Empty A Few Defenses Off The Top Of My Head

Post by ZeteticTrad Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:05 am

The clarity of the catechism in a world that's gone insane.  The only "philosophy" class I ever had that seemed to truly understand man, was reading the catechism.  

The obvious need among men for a blood sacrifice, confession, baptism and marriage.  If the church doesn't provide for it, mankind finds some other way, unfortunately at times grotesque.

The fruit:  once converted out of the darkness men begin to start making sense and quit acting like animals and more like civilized men.  

The teaching:  an institution that has consistently taught against usury and for a family wage, while providing the intellectual and philosophical arguments to back it up.  

The church's opposition to things like abortion and unjust wars.  

Apostolic succession:  the church's ability to trace its' popes all the way back to Saint Peter.  

The church's survival for over two thousand years.  

The consistency of church teaching for over two thousand years.

ZeteticTrad

Back to top Go down

A Few Defenses Off The Top Of My Head  Empty Re: A Few Defenses Off The Top Of My Head

Post by ZeteticTrad Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:07 am

Protestants are nothing but wayward catholics.

Without the church there is no such thing as "The West."

ZeteticTrad

Back to top Go down

A Few Defenses Off The Top Of My Head  Empty Re: A Few Defenses Off The Top Of My Head

Post by ZeteticTrad Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:09 am

The weakness demonstrated since Vatican II is temporary; God likes to triumph in our darkest hours, because it glorifies Him and humbles us (i.e. gethsemane)

ZeteticTrad

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatEarthFanatic Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:15 pm

Good analysis. The only civilization that will last is the Church.

All aspects of civilization including the capacity to reason will eventually be lost without the leaven of the true Faith.

To think that we live in a world that in spite of the science to the contrary, we define a human life as being after it comes out of the womb. If before, it is disposable. 1 billion abortions since 1970 makes this culture the most barbaric in history. The ultimate war-time propaganda, in mans war against himself.

FlatEarthFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph of Cupertino Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:11 pm

ZeteticTrad wrote:The weakness demonstrated since Vatican II is temporary;  God likes to triumph in our darkest hours, because it glorifies Him and humbles us (i.e. gethsemane)  

I think the weakness that comes out of Vatican II comes from the church no longer being certain of its teachings. How do you reconcile creation, original sin, the incarnation etc... with modern "science" eventually you have to accept one because they can't both be true.

Once we get science straight again this is going to make even more people reassess the churches tradtional teachings which will carry over to traditional worship which will brings God's grace back into the world.

Atleast that is my hope...
Joseph of Cupertino
Joseph of Cupertino

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatEarthFanatic Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:28 pm

Yes, getting our science straight is the first step. It's no good talking about how messed up peoples philosophy is, because philosophy uses what we know in nature to make abstractions. That's what philosophy IS.

If people don't have correct concepts of the world around them, then they can't co-ordinate themselves properly and hold onto their faith. This is why the flat earth in one way is THE most important truth in our modern age and always will be.

oh and BTW, let me know if you want to join in on our Skype chat this Saturday. Hope to see you there.

FlatEarthFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeteticTrad Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:05 am

Yeah, that is so true! A friend of mine, who seemed to have it going on, but lately seems to have lost his way, used to tell me, what difference does it make wether it is flat or a ball, it's all about God anyway. Well, his faith seemed to weaken and I hear he's gotten into some trouble. Maybe if he'd had a better defense of his faith, then he wouldn't have fell so hard. That's why I need it.

Flat earth seems to finally destroy the mess the macro-culture we were born into suffers from. It seems like the last push of a great effort to understand the cultural revolution of the 1960s. Like, here's where the bus began to take a wrong turn.

ZeteticTrad

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatEarthFanatic Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:33 am

That's very interesting what you say about your friend.

I do think that intellectual, long-time traditional Catholics will be held accountable for not listening to the flat earth arguments. I see in tradition a weakening, and I put a lot of it down to the fact that people are not in the truth. Especially this truth.

I wonder in one way how we ever survived without it. But there have always been Catholics who have accepted the flat earth.

Without a shadow of a doubt I can say that the flat earth has completely liberated my intelligence. Certainly we still walk in the "darkness of faith" but the natural world is not longer obscure. Truths of the faith seem easier to hold to and accept when you are on that solid natural foundation.

The reason I am hard on some people is because I do see a certain malice in some people when they reject the flat earth. Your friend is indifferent, which is in a way the worst, but there are those who are malicious. There are certain people who just retreat into a fantasy world of their own, because they are dreamers, and shut off the flat earth.

I can understand that people have busy lives and don't have the time. But there are those who are perfectly capable and don't research it.

FlatEarthFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeteticTrad Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:11 am

Oh yeah, definitely. I think we have a responsibility to the truth. I mean God is truth. So, I guess God blesses our efforts to know Him better, through His creation. Maybe I should feel sorry for people who don't do that.

ZeteticTrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum