Flat Earth Traditional Catholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! This site is dedicated to the truth about flat earth and Catholic teaching!

3 posters

Go down

Welcome! This site is dedicated to the truth about flat earth and Catholic teaching! Empty Welcome! This site is dedicated to the truth about flat earth and Catholic teaching!

Post by flatterme Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:08 am

Its the hottest new topic on the Internet yet it is as ancient as time.  Flat geocentric earth is Catholic in every way because it is scriptural and held by the Early Church Fathers and by many saints. Our earth is not moving or spinning nor is it a globe, despite what modern science claims. These pages are dedicated to discovery about the science of flat earth.  A new version of the Catholic view has surfaced in recent times, namely, that earth is geocentric, but round. We will address that issue in these pages, but for now it is forbidden by the Catholic Church to believe in the heliocentric model of earth where the sun is immovable in the center of the universe and earth rotates around it. The Holy Office of the Catholic Church, during the Galileo Affair in 1633 condemned the following propositions:

I. The sun is the center of the world and completely immovable by local motion.
II. The earth is not the center of the world, not immovable, but moves according to the
whole of itself, and also with a diurnal motion.

The Church added:

We say, pronounce, sentence, and declare that you, the said Galileo, by reason of the matters adduced in trial, and by you confessed as above, have rendered yourself in the judgment of this Holy Office vehemently suspected of heresy, namely, of having believed and held the doctrine—which is false and contrary to the sacred and divine Scriptures—that the Sun is the center of the world and does not move from east to west and that the Earth moves and is not the center of the world.

There are many on the Internet that claim the Church did not back these statements with the note of Infallibility when She in fact did.  Please refer to the book: The Pontifical Decrees Against the Doctrine of
The Earth’s Movement and the Ultramontane Defence of Them
By Rev. William W. Roberts
(1885) available to read for free online:
http://www.ldolphin.org/geocentricity/Roberts.pdf

ADDED by user Flatearthfanatic:

Check out this video which is a good introduction on a scientific level to the flat earth especially someone who is skeptical

Last edited by FlatEarthFanatic on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a link to reference)

flatterme

Back to top Go down

Welcome! This site is dedicated to the truth about flat earth and Catholic teaching! Empty Re: Welcome! This site is dedicated to the truth about flat earth and Catholic teaching!

Post by Meg Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Hello, I'm not sure where I should post this (please fell free to move this post elsewhere if needed), but I just wanted to introduce myself. I registered for the forum today. I'm a traditional Catholic. I support the Resistance and Bp. Williamson, but I attend an FSSP parish at this time. I found out about this site from the Archbishop Lefebvre forum, from a link on the Flat Earth thread. Since It seems like to administrator of that forum isn't comfortable with the subject being debated there, I thought I'd join here to find out more about it. I don't really believe at this time that the earth is flat, but I'm open minded, and would like to learn more. I do believe that Robert Sungenis makes a good case for geocentrism.

Thanks!

Meg

Back to top Go down

Welcome! This site is dedicated to the truth about flat earth and Catholic teaching! Empty Re: Welcome! This site is dedicated to the truth about flat earth and Catholic teaching!

Post by FlatEarthInquisitor Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:45 am

Hey Meg,
A very big welcome to the site. This is a fine place to post.
Feel free to post questions in the area that interests you most, or that you have the most difficulty with.
Flat earth is something which is very rational and easy to understand. You just have to be open to it.
As for the abl3 forum. In his defence, while admin does give that impression, he is not banning discussion of it which is a good start.

Please do ask as many questions as you like and we would be delighted to try to answer them.

FlatEarthInquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Meg Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:28 am

Thanks for the welcome! I'll have a lot of questions, and there's much information to read and try to understand on the forum. I think you're right about the abl3 forum, in that the discussion has not been banned, so yes that's a good start.

Meg

Back to top Go down

Post by flatterme Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Welcome Meg! Right now this is an information site and sometimes not monitored as it could be. I try to drop information here as I can, but if you're on Facebook, you can check out Catholic Flat Earth if you have questions about anything fe. I will be happy to answer the things I am able. Enjoy!

--flatterme

flatterme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down