Flat Earth Traditional Catholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 20 Spring Equinox proves AE Map false

3 posters

Go down

March 20 Spring Equinox proves AE Map false Empty March 20 Spring Equinox proves AE Map false

Post by Beyondflatearth Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:15 am

March 20 is the Spring Equinox
All over the world the Sun will
Rise at 90 degrees east and set
270 degrees west on March 20
This not possible on the popular
AE map with the sun and moon doing circles
Go to timeanddate.com to find your location
And measure angles with a compass
It's really true! Go and test it for yourself
Pray to St Joseph whose feast is the day
Before to assist with this important concept

Beyondflatearth

Back to top Go down

March 20 Spring Equinox proves AE Map false Empty Re: March 20 Spring Equinox proves AE Map false

Post by Flat Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:43 pm

My compass, which is fairly good, showed the sun coming up around 80 degrees (give or take a degree or two). It certainly wasn't 90.

I live in northwest Arizona, which is around 35 degrees latitude.

I'll measure again in the morning.

Flat

Back to top Go down

March 20 Spring Equinox proves AE Map false Empty Re: March 20 Spring Equinox proves AE Map false

Post by Beyondflatearth Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:18 pm

Dear Flat
Did you go to timeanddate.com
To see what time was your rise time?
Maybe that is why it is off
Here is the information for Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona, USA — Sunrise, Sunset, and Daylength, March 2018

Current Time: Mar 20, 2018 at 11:13:05 am
Sun Direction: ↑ 145.61° SE
Sun Altitude: 51.37°
Sun Distance: 92.582 million mi

Next Solstice: Jun 21, 2018 3:07 am (Summer)
Sunrise Today: 6:31 am↑ 90° East
Sunset Today: 6:39 pm↑ 271° West

Beyondflatearth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flat Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:31 am

Beyondflatearth wrote:Dear Flat
Did you go to timeanddate.com
To see what time was your rise time?
Maybe that is why it is off
Here is the information for Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona, USA — Sunrise, Sunset, and Daylength, March 2018

Current Time: Mar 20, 2018 at 11:13:05 am
Sun Direction: ↑ 145.61° SE
Sun Altitude: 51.37°
Sun Distance: 92.582 million mi

Next Solstice: Jun 21, 2018 3:07 am (Summer)
Sunrise Today: 6:31 am↑ 90° East
Sunset Today: 6:39 pm↑ 271° West

Yes, I did go to timeanddate.com - primarily because I was a little confused. I'm actually in Kingman, which is pretty much the same latitude as Flagstaff. There is a small mountain range blocking my view of the actual horizon, but it's small. The sun came up over the range at 7:00 AM, so I wasn't far off of the sunrise time:

Sunrise Today: 6:39 am↑ 89° East
Sunset Today: 6:47 pm↑ 271° West

Moreover, I was careful to take into account the angle of the sun's movement when determining the degrees. Granted, its trajectory would have been hidden by the range, but like I said, the range is quite small, and honestly wouldn't have made much of a difference. At any rate, the sun was certainly nowhere near directly 90 degrees. It only reached 90 degrees about an hour later, when its trajectory was heading south.

I'm going to do this again in the morning just to make sure. Perhaps Global Warming caused the needle to malfunction.

Did you do the experiment?

Flat

Back to top Go down

Post by Flat Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:25 pm

Well, I checked it again. I was a little more exacting this time, but the results were basically the same. I was off in regard to the angle of the sun, though. It came up closer to 76 or 77 degrees - not 80 as I said earlier (it came up over the mountain at 80 degrees). At any rate, it wasn't anywhere near 90.

It would seem to me that unless the compass is wrong, timeanddate.com (that is, the scientific community) is trying to get us to believe something that isn't true. Frankly, that wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'm going to continue checking the angle of the sunrise throughout the coming months to try and make some sense of this.

Flat

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatEarthFanatic Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:40 am

Does magnetic north vs actual north have anything to do with this?

FlatEarthFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Flat Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:45 pm

FlatEarthFanatic wrote:Does magnetic north vs actual north have anything to do with this?

Good point. Thank you.
The declination here in Kingman is 11 degrees. That would solve the discrepancy.

Which means, of course, we're stuck with a mystery...
If the sun is observed rising at 90 degrees by everyone on earth, then it cannot be an actual physical object.

Flat

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatEarthFanatic Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Everyone on earth? It's best to do this with someone who is at a significantly different longtitude. Such as someone in the southern hemisphere. Contact the User "lord Stob" on the forum who is in South America. He can report to you what he is seeing.

FlatEarthFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Flat Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:39 pm

FlatEarthFanatic wrote:Everyone on earth? It's best to do this with someone who is at a significantly different longtitude. Such as someone in the southern hemisphere. Contact the User "lord Stob" on the forum who is in South America. He can report to you what he is seeing.

I'll email him.

When I said "everyone", I'm basing this on the reasonable assumption that Kingman, Arizona is not the only location on earth where the sun is observed to rise at 90 degrees during the equinox. I believe this is a perfectly reasonable assumption. First of all, the information on the website timeanddate.com was perfectly accurate in regard to Kingman - a no name town in northwestern Arizona. Ergo, I can only imagine it's accurate in regard to other locations as well - particularly at the equator, where it's universally said to rise at 90 and set at 270.

Secondly, I have the advantage of two locations (Kingman and the Equator) which are 35 degrees apart in latitude - yet where the sun rises precisely as stated. Although, like you suggested, it would be nice to have a measurement from another location. Even so, for my part, I don't need it in order to accept my conclusion. As far as I'm concerned, the opposite position doesn't follow reasonably. After all, what are the chances that the sun doesn't rise at 90 degrees at the equator during the equinox (like everyone says it does) - or that tiny little Kingman is the ONLY location on earth where the sun rises at 90 degrees during the equinox? Neither of these alternative positions are tenable in my view. Therefore, I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that the 90 degree rule is universal. I have my two witnesses, and that suffices for me. But I will email Lord Stob - though it won't be until next week.

In the meantime, are you able to do the experiment? Why am I the only one - as if anyone is going to take my word seriously?

Flat

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyondflatearth Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:30 am

Dear Flat,
I was not able to do the experiment.. We had. Snowstorm here in the Northeast with total cloud coverage
I also have had computer problems so I have not been able to log on.
I do not know much about magnetic north but that could be one reason for the discrepancy

Beyondflatearth

Back to top Go down

Post by Flat Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:34 pm

Beyondflatearth wrote:Dear Flat,
I was not able to do the experiment..  We had. Snowstorm here in the Northeast with total cloud coverage
I also have had computer problems so I have not been able to log on.
I do not know much about magnetic north but that could be one reason for the discrepancy

Right, that's what FlatEarthFanatic said. The difference between true north and magnetic north (here in Kingman, AZ) is 11 degrees. This solves the problem. The sun rises at 90 degrees according to true north - not magnetic north. That was the confusion.

Anyway, I'm fully convinced that the sun is seen everywhere to rise at the exact same angle - as we both suspected. And quite frankly, you don't really need to measure the sun's rise angle during the equinox in order to prove the accuracy of the timeanddate.com statistics. But I don't have to tell you this. I would only suggest your doing it for yourself sometime. It's well worth it.

Flat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down