Flat Earth Traditional Catholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malicious malware (trojan) from CathInfo when I logged on there.

3 posters

Go down

Malicious malware (trojan) from CathInfo when I logged on there.  Empty Malicious malware (trojan) from CathInfo when I logged on there.

Post by Meg Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:43 am

When I logged on to the CathInfo site this evening, my computer immediately informed me that there was a malicious threat (Trojan) from CathInfo, so I left the site. Has anyone else experienced this problem with CathInfo? Could there be a virus attached to the site, or is someone possibly targeting me though CathInfo? I would let the Admin at that site know, but am unable to do so. I'll try later to let them know about the problem.

Meg

Back to top Go down

Malicious malware (trojan) from CathInfo when I logged on there.  Empty Re: Malicious malware (trojan) from CathInfo when I logged on there.

Post by Admin Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:05 pm

Never heard of it before. But it is certainly possible. The admin there has the technical capacity to do something like that, but it would be surprising that he would do it. It is more likely an attack by someone else in between. Possibly your ISP has been compromised. Or Cathinfo is being attacked.

In any case it would be a good idea to do a thorough virus scan of your machine. I recommend Kapersky rescue cd. You turn your computer off and boot from the CD.

That would be the most thorough way to make sure your machine is ok. If that is too difficult, then at least do a scan with whatever antivirus program you have.

Admin
Admin

http://flatearthtrads.forumga.net

Back to top Go down

Malicious malware (trojan) from CathInfo when I logged on there.  Empty Re: Malicious malware (trojan) from CathInfo when I logged on there.

Post by Meg Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:19 pm

Thank you for your reply. I don't think it's the admin at Cath Info, but someone else, as you say, possibly a third party. I'm glad that no one else is having the same problem (flat-earthers, that is).

I have Kaspersky for security for my computer, and it blocked the virus, but I can't go back there now (to Cath Info). But that's okay. Not a big deal. I'll do a full scan. Did a quick scan but it didn't change the problem.

Thanks again.

Meg

Back to top Go down

Post by deutschcath Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 pm

You should be able to unblock cathinfo from the list of sites the anti virus has blocked.

deutschcath

Back to top Go down

Post by Meg Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:31 pm

deutschcath wrote:You should be able to unblock cathinfo from the list of sites the anti virus has blocked.

Well, I don't think that Kaspersky will let me unblock Cath Info, since the computer might get the virus if it's unblocked. At least that's what I'm assuming. It's okay. I wanted to spend less time on Cath Info anyway. I was just worried that others might have the same problem. It's good that no else has the same issue, but I worry that I was targeted because I was upsetting the globe-earthers too much. But maybe that's not the case. I don't really know. I'm not too worried about it now.

Thanks for you reply.

Meg

Back to top Go down

Post by Meg Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:59 pm

Well, the problem is now gone, and I can view CathInfo without Kaspersky giving a warning. My husband thinks that maybe Kaspersky did an update, and the that fixed it. Very odd, but it's good that the problem is gone.

Meg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down