Flat Earth Traditional Catholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer daylight south of the Equator

3 posters

Go down

Summer daylight south of the Equator Empty Summer daylight south of the Equator

Post by Objective Reality Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:55 am

Hello, if anyone can answer this question, that would be great.

If the sun is circling around the flat disc each day, with a tight circle around the north pole during the summer north of the equator, and a wide circle around the southern lands during their summer, then how do the daylight hours in the southern lands receive up to 16 hours of daylight in the southern summer months?

16 hours is two thirds of the twenty four hour cycle, but when it's summer in the south, the days are short and dark in the north.

If the sun's light can reach around two thirds of the face of the earth when it is in the south, then why is it blocked out in the north, but reaches around and past the north pole to lighten the rest of the southern lands?

If you picture the flat disc as, say, the Mercedes Benz logo as an illustration, the logo has three 120 degree sectors. When the sun is circling above the southern tropic in the southern summer, it can give light to two thirds of the Mercedes logo, but isn't able to reach near to the centre of the logo, or the north pole in the northern winter, which is happening at the same time. How could the throw of light be selective.

At the moment, I think the earth is a globe, but stationary in the centre of the universe, as shown in Robert Sungenis' "The Principle".

Thanks very much to anyone who can give an answer.

Objective Reality

Back to top Go down

Summer daylight south of the Equator Empty Re: Summer daylight south of the Equator

Post by FlatEarthFanatic Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:32 pm

hello,
welcome to our forum.
Are you aware that not all flat earthers support the AE model you are talking about?
https://flatearthtrads.forumotion.com/t66-reboot-sun-does-not-circle-over-the-flat-earth-must-see

Another map which overcomes these difficulties.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K3cD_L4j7U

Also check out the fraudulent 24 hr sun in antartica
https://flatearthtrads.forumotion.com/t135-no-24-hour-sun-over-the-antartica

FlatEarthFanatic

Back to top Go down

Summer daylight south of the Equator Empty Re: Summer daylight south of the Equator

Post by Objective Reality Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:22 am

Thanks very much, I'll have a look when I get time. Looks interesting!

If the earth is flat and God made it that way, then that's what I want to hold to.

Objective Reality

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatEarthFanatic Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:28 am

These are not proofs of the flat earth by the way. If you want those, you need to focus on the "proofs" section of our forum. Especially the lasers one, and the items beyond the horizon one.

The basis of our case is more that the earth is not a globe of the proportions claimed to be. This is impossible.

FlatEarthFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Objective Reality Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:02 pm

Ok that’s fine. I’ve been investigating this FE theory for a very long time. I have listened to the arguments, not in order to try and refute them, but because I don’t rule it out as impossible a priori. Getting to a stationary globe in a rotating universe was a bigger leap from the mainstream. I can see how that works, both by every day observation, the experiments that prove no motion, and that the Dathers oftge Church and scripture support it. But I don’t seem to be able to get to it being flat on the same principles above, this far.

Objective Reality

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatEarthFanatic Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:07 pm

The Fathers of the Church condemn the globe very clearly, as we outline on this website. It is the majority opinion. There are two who seem to condone the globe. That is all.

Scripture in no way supports the globe. Have no idea what you are talking about and where you got that idea from.

FlatEarthFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Objective Reality Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 pm

There’s so much info out there, I can’t recall where I got that from. I listened to some of Fr Pfeiffers lecture the other day. Ive watched Sungenis debate the FE with Globebusters and with Skiba. They seem to bring up the same quotes from the fathers. I’ve yet to finish the Fr Pfeiffer video, and then I’ll see the short video made by the English guy refuting it. There’s only so many hours in a day!

Anyway, one cannot say that unless one holds that the earth is flat, one is a public heretic and outside the Church. I actually like the idea that the earth may be flat. But I can’t let my preferences dictate truth.

So, what is the very best argument that you have seen to suggest/prove a flat earth? I’ve seen lots of interesting things raised in my research, but nothing has yet pushed me over the line.

Objective Reality

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatEarthFanatic Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:47 pm

The videos and links I referred to are very short. Go through those and if you have questions after that put them up.

We have already refuted Fr. Pfeiffer.

One can maintain that it is not Catholic to say the earth is a sphere. Since the Fathers supported this.

FlatEarthFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyondflatearth Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Objective Reality
Not every flatbearther believes ther sun and moon
are circling. The earth. If you look at the rise and set times of the sun for your location you can see that circling sun does not match reality Here in the northeast the sun rises north of east and sets north of west. Until the Equinox when it s the same everywhere. Clouds behind the sun reveal it is very

local and being rendered to each person
There is a lot more information about this
On Awake Souls YouTube

Beyondflatearth

Back to top Go down

Post by Objective Reality Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Thanks for your reply, Beyond Flat Earth.

This forum is run by trad Catholics, so that's what I'm taking as the baseline working premise. We hold the Church to be of Divine origin, and therefore the Church cannot deceive anyone. Is that right, or have I misunderstood something?

I just had a look at Awake Souls channel.

This is what he says about himself:

I know that the earth is a flat plane and I am deeply spiritual. I worship the Creator of this world (Yahawah) who is the God of the Bible and manifested as Yahawashi/ Jesus Christ. I do believe that what we consider to be reality is a simulation.

So, he's some sort of protestant who believes in the Bible. He's not a Catholic, so he's a heretic, and therefore not a Christian at all. God commands us to flee and avoid heretics.

If he wants to talk about 911 or Kennedy or whatever, then that's fine. I might learn something.

But when he brings in his brand of spirituality, I refuse to let him teach me. When he says that all we experience and believe to be real is actually a simulation, then that completely contradicts St Thomas Aquinas, whom the Church says is safe to follow.

I didn't just turn up here the other day to start swinging and pick fights. I'm honestly interested in exploring FE. I will look at both sides of serious arguments, and not just dismiss them out of hand. But an appeal to a guy like this, and suggesting that his take on things is helpful or necessary to believing in FE is not right.

God made reality, and He can "neither deceive nor be deceived".

I observe the longer days in the southern summer months. I observe the sun making an ever larger arc across the sky all the way up to December 21 each year. I observe the sunrise at a further and further south point on the horizon, and the sunset at a further and further south point on the horizon, all the way up until December 21. After that, it starts to appear more and more northerly until June 21. That's reality for everyone. TO say that it's all a simulation in order to make the FE work is just nonsense.

So, help me out, please. Please show me some way to match the movement of the sun on a FE with what I see every year.

Thanks very much!

Objective Reality

Back to top Go down

Post by Objective Reality Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:57 pm

FlatEarthFanatic wrote:The Fathers of the Church condemn the globe very clearly, as we outline on this website. It is the majority opinion. There are two who seem to condone the globe. That is all.

Scripture in no way supports the globe. Have no idea what you are talking about and where you got that idea from.

I meant that the scriptures and the Fathers definitely support a stationary earth, not a spinning, orbiting one.

Objective Reality

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyondflatearth Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:39 am

Simulation is a word that seems to excite and offend people
It may be the wrong word but to be fair in Latin it means like
In the Bible the word like can be found over 1000 times
As Catholics we can take the lead in the flat earth position because we have both scriptures and the Church fathers on our side. In modern times I don’t think it’s wrong to listen to non Catholics on the subject. Clouds behind the sun evidenced by
The P 900 camera is evidence Thomas Aquinas did not ha e
A local sun everywhere? Wow that can not be ignored
The circling sun and moon on the AE map does not match reality
I continue t support Jason’s work on flat earth his
sincerity and his map and model. The earth was s flat
And light is s being rendered to each individual soul
The sun and moon follow you. Once you observe this phenomenon it will overwhelm you with awe for the Creator of this world The sun is close God bless your search for the truth

Beyondflatearth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum